I have been an NRA Certified Pistol
Instructor for several years and in April 2004 I began
Carry Classes. I am now approved to instruct
Concealed Carry Safety Training Classes for Missouri, Florida, AND Nevada.
The classes last for eight hours, usually on Saturday or Sunday,
but can be scheduled for two evenings of four hours each or any other
day of the week. We can handle
groups of up to thirty-five. The cost is $95 and that includes
the firearms and ammunition required to complete the class. Group rates are available for larger
groups. The range is on-site and
is mostly enclosed to protect from the elements.
are the general requirements for the course:
· You must be at least 21 years of age.
· You will be instructed in safety at the range, home, and while
carrying a firearm.
· You will be additionally instructed from the NRA manual Basic Pistol Shooting.
· You will fire at a B27 Police Silhouette Target from a distance
of 21 feet.
· You will fire 50 rounds from a Revolver and 50 Rounds from a semi-automatic.
· You will fire 20 additional rounds from both firearms for the
live fire test.
· You will be instructed in the escalation of force, the
difference between retention, less than deadly, and deadly force and when
deadly force can be used according to law. You will be taught the meaning of justification.